Boy scouting, the notion which has exhibited its proficiency in building character, mind and body since the time of its introduction in early 1900s, is a successful compilation of outstanding scout laws. These laws are like a promise that requires to be fulfilled by a boy scout throughout his life. The well-organized training program of boy scouting aims at introducing a boy scout to real meaning of life, which could not be learnt from bookish knowledge. The Boy Scout laws governing this training program are strongest evidences of the fact that this program offers high profile paradigm for building a responsible citizen for the society.
- Trustworthiness- The first law for a boy scout is that he will be honest and always choose the path of speaking truth. This quality will enforce people around him to trust him and rely upon his actions and decisions.
- Loyalty – This law of boy scouting teaches a boy scout to exhibit his fidelity towards not only his friends and family members, but also towards the society and nation as a whole. This quality motivates a boy scout to always behave loyally towards his social and personal responsibilities.
- Helpfulness – A boy scout is prepared to follow the rule of helping others, without expecting any reward in return. He must show the willingness of providing his assistance to every person he come across in his lifetime.
- Friendliness – During boy scouting training, a participant is stand for the rule of forming a worthy relationship with all members of society. This law is followed during training itself, as every Boy Scout is encouraged to share a respectable bond with other scouts in the group.
- Courteousness – A boy scout is imparted with the art of displaying positive mannerism in different walks of life. For this, he must be capable of treating people equally irrespective of their age or position in the society.
- Kindness – Next law of boy scouting is that a scout will be kind to all living things around him and will not get involved in any act of cruelty.
- Obedience – A boy scout is prepared to obey the rules and regulations of the society in which he lives. Moreover, he is taught to stick to the family rituals and never show disobedience to people sharing space in his life.
- Cheerfulness – A boy-undergoing boy scouting is asked to take up any responsibility with a cheerful mind. Thus, he must have the spirit of spreading happiness around him.
- Thriftiness- Another law of boy scouting is that a participant is skilled to save every important resource of the economy. Also, he must be trained to save for emergency situations surfacing in his life.
- Bravery – The Boy Scout is taught to learn the acts of bravery to handle different hard situations emerging in his life. The idea is to eradicate fear from his mind and replace it with a daring thought process.
- Cleanliness – One of the boy scouting laws is to maintain the cleanliness of body and mind. A scout must be encouraged to wash away the black spots from his community as well as country.
- Reverence – A scout must follow the law of respecting religious beliefs of others and following his own with sincerity.
Having said all, the conclusion is that boy scouting laws are concrete foundations to return excellent personalities to the society.
Incoming search terms:
- Boy Scout Law and desription
- scout law description
- list of scout law
- scout law cleanliness
- boy scout law and description
- SCOUT LAW LIST
- list of law motto
- list of the cub scout oath law motto slogan
- list of scout laws
- scout law described